Are you dreaming of marrying a Korean man? Let’s see if you can handle all these.
Marriage is an important chapter in everybody’s lives. The thing is, due to having different cultures, there might be a few differences on how people from different countries prepare wedding ceremonies.
In South Korea, getting married is one of the events that involve a lot and expensive preparation.
Here are the top 5 facts that everyone should know before marrying your bias:
- Proposals usually happen a week or days before the wedding. Forget what you saw in the movies, the reality is the proposal usually happens when all the preparations for the wedding are already set.
- You bias must ask permission from his parents to marry you. Parents play a huge part in Korean families. Men must ask their parents’ thoughts about the woman that they’re planning to marry. If they won’t approve you, then there’s a huge chance that the wedding might not happen.
- Men are obliged to prepare a house before the wedding, but women are obliged to furnish the house with everything new. Yes, every furniture, appliances, everything inside the house must be new.
- As the future wife, you have to give your in-laws a percentage of the money that was spent for the house that was bought by your husband. Usually, the money that your husband used to buy a house are from his parents. So, is your wallet ready?
- You have to gift your in-laws with something expensive. Anything as long as it’s expensive.
Now, are you ready to finally marry your bias? If yes, then congratulations!