Taken to hospital after being unconscious
Following the revelation of his involvement in a marijuana scandal, Big Bang’s TOP was reported to have overdosed on Benzodiazepine, a substance commonly found in sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication. Previously, the police countered Big Bang’s label, YG Entertainment’s statement; saying TOP was not unconscious or in critical condition. Earlier today, at 4 PM KST, however, the hospital where TOP is currently being treated (Ehwa University Hospital in Mokdong) held a press conference.
Here are some of the main points taken from the press conference:
- TOP arrived at the hospital carried in by three people.
- When carried in, he showed signs of hypertension, hypoxia, and hypercapnia
- Attempts were made to wake him up, he showed no reaction.
- After a series of tests, he was determined to be in a critical condition.
- It can take up to a week for him to recover.
- Currently (at the time the press conference was held), he still needs an oxygen mask. His breathing has not fully recovered.
- He’s better, but not fully conscious yet.
We are currently waiting for more updates on the news.
Photo credit: News1 via Naver
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!